martes, 27 de octubre de 2015

"Making Halloween"

¡Hola hola, trotamundos! ¿Qué tal estáis? Hoy os traigo una nueva entrada para la sección de This is Halloween! y, como podéis leer en el título de la entrada, se trata de un nuevo relato que he escrito. Bueno, "relato", mejor dicho... Y ahora sabréis el porqué, os explico.



En mi instituto, todos los años suelen organizar un concurso sobre la fecha de Halloween con el propósito de escribir algo en inglés, ya sea un relato o algo parecido. Yo este año, al igual que el anterior (que gané el segundo premio, por cierto), he vuelto a participar. Creo que voy superándome cada vez más, ya que me gusta más mi participación de este año que la del anterior. Así que creo que merece la pena leerlo, sobre todo si os gustan los relatos originales que se salgan fuera de lo común; y, sobre todo, si sois fans de Tim Burton, o al menos habéis visto las películas Pesadillas antes de Navidad y La Novia Cadáver (sí, ya sabréis un poco de qué va la cosa). ¡Espero que os guste! Poneos cómodos con... Making Halloween.



Jack Skellington created the group “This is Halloween!”

Sally joined the group

Oogie Boogie joined the group

Doctor Finklestein joined the group

Emily joined the group

Victor Van Dort joined the group

Victoria Everglot joined the group


Sally:
“This is Halloween”? Oh, Jack, how original you are.


Jack renamed the group “Halloween is coming…”


Sally:
Oh, dear…

Victoria:
Em, hello. What’s this?

Jack:
Okay, guys, listen to me.
We have to talk about something important.

Victoria:
Let’s see…

Jack:
Where are the others?

Emily:
Hey! What’s up?

Jack:
Hi, Emily!

Emily:
Oh, no.
Guys, I’ll see you in a moment.
I’ve dropped my eye again and I cannot find it!

Jack:
Oh, em… Okay.

Victoria:
Victor is playing the piano; he’ll be here in a minute.

Jack:
Oh, this is a catastrophe!
Oogie Boogie? Doctor Finklestein?

Finklestein:
Shut up!
I am working in a new project!

Jack:
But… Guys! This is important!

Oogie Boogie:
Like I care, hahahahaha.

Jack:
Oh, you are already here. Hi, OB.

Victor:
Hello, everyone!

Emily:
Hello again!

Jack:
Thanks God! Everybody is here!

Oogie Boogie:
“Oh, you’re joking, you’re joking, I can’t believe my eyes…”

Jack:
Hey, man, stop singing your only song from the film.

Oogie Boogie:
Oh, shut up, stupid skeleton!

Jack:
Maybe I am a skeleton, but you are a bag full of bugs!

Sally:
Jack! Come on! What’s the matter?

Victoria:
Oh, dear…

Jack:
Okay, so…
As you know, we only have a week left before Halloween began.
But there’s a problem!

Victor:
Why? What happens?

Jack:
Halloween is not what it was.
Do you remember the origin of Halloween?
Because if you compare it with the concept of “Halloween” that everybody has now…
It’s completely different!

Emily:
I don’t understand you, Jack…

Jack:
Let me explain it, okay?

Emily:
Oh, yes.
The microphone is yours.

Jack:
Let’s see…
Halloween is not an American party as everyone think, is it?

Oogie Boogie:
I thought it was it!

Victor:
So did I…

Jack:
Guys!
That’s the problem!
People don’t know what Halloween is!

Sally:
Oh, I see… You are right!

Victoria:
But what are we going to do?

Jack:
First, you have to know what’s Halloween.
Because, apparently, Oogie Boogie and Victor don’t know what it is.
And I think you others have no idea too…

Finklestein:
That’s because they didn’t study anything!
Oogie Boogie is always doing bad things…
And Victor… Well… He spends his life playing the piano…

Jack:
Oh, come on, doctor Finklestein…

Victor:
Hey, mad scientist! That’s not your business!

Victoria:
Victor! Relax!

Victor:
Okay, honey…

Sally:
Keep talking, Jack.

Oogie Boogie:
Rather, keep writing.
We are on WhatsApp.

Emily:
That’s right.

Jack:
Okay, so…
Halloween is NOT an American party, right?
Halloween is much older than they all think.
Its origin comes from the Celts who lived in what we now recognize as Ireland.
They didn't even call it in that way, Halloween, if not Samhain.

Victor:
Samhain?
What kind of name is that?

Jack:
Well, I don’t know.
But you could visit dead Celts and ask them.

Victor:
Ha, ha, ha…
How funny.

Jack:
Please, let me continue.

Victor:
Come on…

Jack:
As I was saying, Samhain was an event to celebrate the end of the harvest season.
And also, it was considered the Celtic New Year.
Celts thought that the line between the two worlds narrowed the day of Samhain.
And that allowed spirits pass through.
The family’s ancestors were invited, but harmful spirits wandered trying to go into a house.

Victoria:
Oh, dear!

Emily:
That’s amazing!

Jack:
Yes, it is.
But this isn’t the only story about Halloween.
Let me tell you another one.
This is about a man called Jack O’Lantern, a person who also has to do with Halloween origin.
And, as you can see, he is called like me!

Finklestein:
You are relatives!

Jack:
Oh, no f***ing way.
You’ll see why we’re not similar...
This man was a terrible person!

Oogie Boogie:
Like me! Oh, let’s see, storyteller…

Jack:
Jack O’Lantern was a bad man who was always doing bad things.
And when the Devil heard about him, he wanted to know if it was true or not.
When they talked for a while, the Devil tried to take Jack to the Hell because of his misdeeds.
But Jack made fun of the Devil!

Victoria:
Oh, God!

Jack:
Well, he did this two times more! Jack forced the Devil promise that he’d never go to the Hell.
When Jack died and went to the Heaven, he couldn’t enter because he was a bad person.
And when he went to the Hell, the Devil didn’t let him pass because of the deal they made.
That’s why Jack had to wander having only a hollow turnip with a candle inside.
People called him Jack of the Lantern, and then it passed to Jack O’Lantern.
Nowadays, people use pumpkins in Halloween instead of turnips.

Sally:
Really!?
I want to read more stories like this!

Emily:
Amazing!

Jack:
Can you see it?
If we, Halloween characters, are amazed with this sort of stories…
Imagine how people would be!

Oogie Boogie:
I like that Jack O’Lantern!
He’s my idol!

Victoria:
I expected no less from you…

Finklestein:
Okay, we all know what Halloween is.
But…
What else?
What’s going to happen now?

Sally:
What’s wrong if nobody knows what Halloween is?

Jack:
Everything is wrong, Sally!

Victor:
I agree with Jack…

Victoria:
Me too.

Sally:
But…
Why?

Jack:
Aren’t you tired of all of these?
Now, Halloween is only a party where people can wear a costume!
And sometimes, costumes aren’t related with Halloween!
And also, costumes are a bullshit…
And what do you think about female costumes?
All of them have to be “sexy”! How can a monster be sexy!?
I CAN’T UNDERSTAND IT!

Sally:
Jack, hold your horses!

Emily:
Sally, let him talk (or write).
I think I know what he pretends to say.

Sally:
Okay…

Jack:
Come on, guys.
Halloween is not what people think!
I am the Pumpkin King and I DO know what Halloween is!
Many years ago, people in Halloween went to visit their dead family…
And now… Well… You know.
Can you remember when we scared children, teenagers or even adults?
Now people laugh at us!

Oogie Boogie:
That’s terrible!

Jack:
Or… Can you remember when terror films were good?
Look the films that directors make now!

Victoria:
Oh, yeees!
There’s blood everywhere…

Emily:
And now, all of them are similar!
The girl cries and the boy saves her.
Seriously?

Sally:
I hate that type of films!
You all know that I saved my dear Jack in “The Nightmare Before Christmas”!

Jack:
Well…

Emily:
And in our film, “The Corpse Bride”, Victoria and me didn’t cry!

Victoria:
Yes, you did, while you were singing “Tears To Shed”.

Emily:
But that was a song…
I wasn’t frightened!

Victoria:
Okay, you are right…

Finklestein:
The best film director is Tim Burton, our Creator!

Victor:
OF COURSE!
Tim Burton’s films are amazing…

Jack:
So…
Can you understand what I am saying now?

Oogie Boogie:
I am with you!

Jack:
Thanks, OB!

Victor:
But…
What are we going to do?

Victoria:
I agree with my Victor, we can’t do anything…

Jack:
YES, WE CAN!

Sally:
How?

Jack:
Guys…
What are we?

Finklestein:
Living deads?

Jack:
Apart from that.

Finklestein:
I don’t know…

Jack:
We are Halloween characters, so we are Halloween experts!
And also, we are film characters, so…

Oogie Boogie:
So…

Jack:
We know how to make a film, don’t we?

Emily:
And…

Jack:
We have to make a Halloween film to show people what Halloween is!

Sally:
Oh, Jack!
You are a genious!

Jack:
I know!

Victoria:
And quite arrogant, too…

Victor:
And very crazy!!!
I remind you that Halloween is in six days!

Jack:
But, guys!
I made a lot of presents for children in less than two months, like if I were Santa Claus.
We can make a movie in six days!
Anyway, we can count on the help of the other Tim Burton’s characters.

Finklestein:
Like who?

Jack:
People from “Frankenweenie”, “Alice in Wonderland”, “Edward Scissorhands”, “Beetlejuice”…
And also our friends from “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and “The Corpse Bride”.

Emily:
We are a lot of people!

Jack:
That’s said!
So…
What do you think, my friends?

Oogie Boogie:
A new film?
Oh, yes!
Maybe I could sing my song!
“Oh, you’re joking, you’re joking, I can’t believe my eyes…”

Jack:
Eh… Ha, ha…
Sure, OB, why not…

Victor:
What a great idea!

Finklestein:
Oh, Jack…
My dear Jack…
The Pumpkin King…
The Halloween master…
How clever are you!

Jack:
Oh, doctor Finklestein…

Finklestein:
But… Maybe…
I could sing another song too…
Tim Burton didn’t give me any musical number in our film!

Jack:
Oh, how many songs…
Yes…
Ha, ha, ha…

Sally:
Oh, dear…

Jack:
Okay, so…
Guys, listen to me.
I think that we should leave this WhatsApp group.
I’ll create another one in a moment with aaall of our friends.


Doctor Finklestein left the group

Oogie Boogie left the group


Sally:
See you later, baby!


Sally left the group

Emily left the group

Victoria Everglot left the group

Victor Van Dort left the group


Jack:
Bye bye, my dear friends… And thank you so much…


Jack Skellington left the group




Y bueeeno, trotamundos, ¡hasta aquí la entrada de hoy! También encontraréis esta historieta en mi cuenta de Wattpad, enlace que encontraréis en la barra lateral. Si os ha gustado Making Halloween, un relato escrito en un formato bastante original, no olvidéis compartirlo con vuestros amigos, familiares, etc. También podéis haceros seguidores del blog si aún no lo sois. ¡Nos vemos pronto! Hasta entonces, recordad, sed felices siendo trotamundos...

4 comentarios:

  1. ¡Original, divertido, creativo y en inglés! ¡Me encanta! ¡Y encima Tim Burton!
    "Hold your horses"! Algo que solo diría si me estuviera dirigiendo a la reina de Inglaterra jejeje British profundo jejeje ¡Me encanta! :)
    Agggg no puedo parar de decir que me encanta esta entrada. Es simplemente genial. Si pones una pestañita con "me encanta" haría clic hasta que me diera un calambre en el dedo. ¡Enhorabuena!
    ¡Un abrazo!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. ¡Vaya, me alegro de que te haya gustado tanto! ¡Comentarios como el tuyo me alegran el día! Jajajaja.
      ¡Gracias, nos leemos!

      Eliminar
  2. Holaa
    Me ha encantado tu relato, amo las peliculas de Tim Burton y la verdad creo que te ha quedado genial, la forma en que lo escribiste es muy original.
    Vengo de la iniciativa "granitos de arena" ya te sigo, aca te dejo mi blog por si quieres pasarte http://viviendoenloslibross.blogspot.com.es/
    Besos:)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. ¡Muchas gracias!
      Yo también te sigo.
      ¡Nos leemos!

      Eliminar